Sunday 21 March 2010

A Journey Into the Land of Statements -

This is what my blog was really for, charting as a parent of a special kid, the kind of things that when you're in them, you don't want to talk about because they're hard and you don't want to dwell on the negative.  And when you're out of them you want to forget because they were hard, exhausting and you don't want to dwell on the negative.
However I think it's really important that this stuff is here to be read, to advise and support other people going through it, and to help me to see how much we achieve when it all feels too difficult, as it inevitably will be in what I think will be a long road to an as yet uncertain result.
So, my little boy with his genetic disorder.  My little boy who does so well but who may have that held against him.  My ability and indeed determination to look ahead to when he starts school in September 2011 and whether/how/if we can or should get a statement of special needs.
So begins the journey.
Come along for the ride, I may need some cheerleaders

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't fully told all our friends and family that Graham was diagnosed becasue it's just so hard and such a downer for everyone. I'm thinking of just creating a post on my blog and sending everyone the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only just seen this comment Candice. Perhaps we can hook up and email privately because I'd love to help you out. Keep going with the blog and slowly tell who you feel like telling when your instinct knows you can put it across properly x

    ReplyDelete