Wednesday 31 March 2010

Stern and Necessary Advice - J to S 1.2

My very wise and kind 18p- mummy friend K (who lives in the UK and who I really have to meet someday!) has just given me a timely ticking off about not waiting around for people to turn out to either be helpful or not. 

She says I need to write to the CEO of the LEA (so many abbreviations in this section of my life!) and request an assessment.  So while the keyworker assembles the as-yet-to-be-appointment team, and I wait for my school meeting, I need to write my letter and really get going on it all.

I feel a bit sick but she's right.  I mean you're right.  So thank you!

One day I'll post about all the fears I have about how it feels to even ask for this process to begin.  How I fear I'm really sometimes as much in denial about my little man as the other people I fight so vehemently.  How the fact that he is doing so well and being so typical feeds a dangerous part of me.  The little tiny piece of me that is still hoping someone will turn around and say "sorry, we were wrong, he's actually fine".

Another day...another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment